Thursday, January 24, 2008

It is Harder Than I Thought


I finished two weeks of EAP 3, and I felt it is harder than I thought. Seriously, I think Writing course is the hardest course in EAP 3. At the beginning of this semester, my goal of Writing course is to get B+ in order to skip effective writing test. After two weeks, I realized that can be really very very hard to achieve because writing exams can be very hard if you do not work hard. Today, I had a grammar quiz, and it seemed like very easy. However, it only worths 1.6%, Does it really make sense? Anyway, my writing teacher is very enthuzastic and crazy, and he could give you super surprise every day. Like today, he just gave us an hour in-class writing test or something, and the title was "Is English a difficult language to learn", of course, yes, it is. Holy shoot, that just made me wake up. You know, after a winter break, I need to pick up vocabulary, essay brainstorming and organization. Seriously, at that time I had no idea about how to wrote an essay, but when I asked myself what I learned from last semester. Then, I knew how to wrote an essay, well, basically.
I just got my listening quiz and reading quiz yesterday, and listening quiz was pretty good, but reading quiz was just fine! My reading teacher is as crazy as my writing teacher, may be crazier. He can make the quality of reading quiz like mid-term exam if he wants, like the quiz I got yesterday. I was quite worried about it. Reading quiz can be isolated from reading textbook because my reading teacher is going to lose his mind. Vocabulary from the quiz were not from the textbook. What a crazy thing! Anyway, what can we do? learn as much as we can, and do homework almost every day. I hope everyone doing in the rest of this semester.

6 comments:

Fan (*^__^*) said...

Don't worry about it boy,we will make bigger progress when we start at a lower point,isn't it?

Amin said...

:)) you are PERFECT Jason. I really miss being in a same class with you. I think you better calm down a bit. cya.

Jason said...

So do I. I am not perfect, otherwise, i will not be in EAP 3. see ya.

Amin said...

Oh man, do not be a modest, you are perfect.

Scott Douglas said...

oh no . . . two crazy teachers! Acutally, last semester I taught reading and writing, so this semester you guys are lucky :-) By the way, we choose new vocabulary for the quizzes on purpose!!! Ask me why next time you see me :-)

Oksana said...

Hey! It's really hard to read smth now. But... we are lucky that u are in our class. Students from lecture 2 really miss u, Jason. YEY???? @@@@@@@@