Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New schedule and summer plan

We started the new schedule yesterday, and it was my first time to be in Ilana's grammar class. I know we need to give the new schedule some more time to see how it works, but I have some my own opinion. First, there is no doubt that Ilana is very good at English, especially at grammar. Second, she was serious in the class, which showed she quite cared about her job. However, is she good at teaching or teaching English? I felt she was not as enthusastic as Scott, and I think she not felt happy teaching English and just took teaching EAP3 as a job. I know English is her second language, and she is good at it. That may be why she liked to show how good her English is. When Jen asked her questions, probably Jen said not clearly and she always said "what" instead of "sorry" or "pardon me". Oh, man. A good teacher is tring to help his or her students, not telling them that they are looser. Gotta be patient, I felt like she just did what she gotta do, and that's it. All of above is my own opinion.
Anyway, life goes on. I have thought about my summer plan already! That's quite exciting to think about it. we will finish EAP 3 program in April 12th, I guess. Well, anyway, I never remmeber the date. We will have a very long break, about more than 4 months. Is that amazing you could almost do whatever you want. For me, I still need to work on my English, and I try to make it better in order to survive my Bachelor degree studying. I am thinking about taking some spring cources such Math, Chemistry, etc. Perhaps, I just sleep for a month. for the next month, I wanna turn in full-time and try to get more hours from where I am working right now. You know why, because I want to go back to China. Oh, yep, to achieve that goal, hOhO, I need to make some money. I miss the food in China so much, and I miss my friends so much. At the time I am in China, I probably go to Thailand. it sounds good. take care guys.

2 comments:

Hisham said...

you know i think im gonna do just that take general lessons then take undergrad courses

Scott Douglas said...

It's been a whole week now . . . I hope things are getting better. That's a great idea to take a course in the spring. It will help you get used to regular university in the fall.