Thursday, April 10, 2008

I can't believe I am gonna graduate from EAP program

I still can't believe it, I am almost done for this semester. Meanwhile, I will graduate from English for Academic Purpose program(I hope so). when you've done something, you may ask yourself what you got from it. Therefore, what did I learn from EAP program? That's a big question for me and anyone in EAP 3. This is good to recall what we've done and what we've learned by the end of the semester. First, I like to talk about my writing. Well, I think I still need to improve my writing such as increasing my vocabulary, perfecting my grammar, expanding my strategies(metaphor). However, I think I need to how to brainstorm and organize my essay (through EAP 1) because there were two great teachers(Pam and Marcia) in EAP 1. I had built up my strong traditional English essay structure when I was in EAP 2. I felt my weakness was vocabulary, and also I needed to rich my sentence structure(how to express ideas in different ways, it's kind of grammatical improvement) after I finished EAP 2. Now, I can see that I have made some improvement on my vocabulary, especially academic words. Also, I've learned about comparing and contrasting more. Those knowledge is what I need to succeed in the university and my career. Listening/Speaking, I still need to improve my listening skill, especially note-taking because that is very important for those who are going to universities and be successful. I'll work on it in this summer. Speaking, I am glad I can have a terrific speaking/listening teacher. I really enjoy his teaching on pronunciation, and I am very interested in it. He taught us many tricks on pronunciation. I like to practice them because I know speaking is very important, and even more important if someone wants to find a job in Canada or US because everything is on it. I think Murray is right, it's good to practice and have a good pronunciation, and then fluency. I can study and practice pronunciation a day long. I don't know why, but I'm just interested in it. Most of the time, I like to repeat someone's word, especially Canadians, because I think it is really helpful. Some of my students may laugh at me, but so what? I like to repeat people words in TV. I talk to myself when I take shower, and every time I come out from the bathroom, my mother asked my if i was on the phone when i took shower. Am I idiot? if yes, so what?

I am excited about finishing EAP 3 and also feel sad about finishing EAP 3. I am excited because I can do my degree, and I feel sad because everything in EAP 3 is unique and worth missing. good luck for everyone.

No comments: